cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just refinanced house as primary residence - how long before I can buy another home

tag
gramscram

just refinanced house as primary residence - how long before I can buy another home

Just refinanced house - cash-out refi - and a larger house nearby came up for sale - really good deal, etc.  how long before I can buy new house?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: just refinanced house as primary residence - how long before I can buy another home

@gramscram wrote:

Just refinanced house - cash-out refi - and a larger house nearby came up for sale - really good deal, etc.  how long before I can buy new house?

If you cashed out, then you probably don't have as much equity.  Thus, you're probably looking for a contigent purchase (i.e. buying a new home after you sale your current home).  If it's a contingent loan, I don't think it will be too hard.  However, you'll have to sale your current home first. The house that came up nearby may be gone by the time you sale your current home.

If you plan on keeping both mortgages, then you'll need to have enough income to pay for both loans.  If you don't have at least 30% equity left in your current home, they may not finance a new home. 

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.