Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leave it alone or try for removal?

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

leave it alone or try for removal?

As you all know  I am in the process of a new build that should be ready by March or April 2017, I have a few items coming off my report in

2 in March

1 in April

2 in May and

1 in Dec

Should I just let these fall off or try and get them removed prior to March? I figured if I could get these off I may see a decent increase in scores prior to closing but I dont want to screw up anything either, what are your thoughts?

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: leave it alone or try for removal?

depends on the scores.

if it takes you from 580 to 620+ then it is likely worth it... because loans are easier at the higher score.

what scores were used for pre-approval?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

631 was my middle score when the lender pulled them a month  ago, currently on My Fico my mortgage scores are Fico 5 is 638, Fico 4 is a 676 and Fico 2 is a 655.

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Leave well enough alone. Your credit profile is close to borderline for easy mortgage qualification so don't muck with those items.

Message 4 of 5
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Advice taken

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.