cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lender approval, odds of rejection with usda?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

lender approval, odds of rejection with usda?

Ok y'all on to the next worry...

My file is being sent over to usda today. How many stories out there where lender approval was granted and then denied in usda? I'm scared that for some reason in the 11th hour I will be heart broken. This process is brutal!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: lender approval, odds of rejection with usda?

While anything can always happen, if you have followed procedure and no changes in qualifications there should be no worries.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, for what it's worth, our lender said they have never had a USDA guaranteed application rejected.  I saw awhile back where someone quoted a local office rep as saying that the applications they reject are the ones which come in incomplete from lenders.  Part of their job in approving you is making sure you meet all the guidelines as well as providing all the proper paperwork.  If your lender processes a lot of USDA applications, I would treat the next few weeks as the final countdown.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
jessica04
Valued Member

Oh, I felt the EXACT same way....and I was fine and in fact, I am closing today!!! You'll be fine.

Starting Score: 674 8/2010
Current Score: Your TransUnion FICO® score:
On November 17, 2012

Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I'm going to just relax...Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Jessica! I know you must be super excited.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just verify that your lender has sent the file to USDA.  I was told that mine was being sent 12/28.  I contacted the USDA office on 12/31 and they hadn't received it.  I contacted the LO  on 1/4 and again was told that we were waiting on USDA.  My attorney called me on 1/9 and said that he and the bank attorney were all cleared and ready to close. I emailed my LO and called the USDA once again and was told that they have only received the initial docs and have not gotten my file to secure funding.  I then got an email from my LO and he said USDA is backed up from the holidays and he will contact the processor to get an ETA from USDA....

Message 7 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a little confusion, but they should work it out. Smiley Happy
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.