Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lender pulled scores question fha loan

tag
3Pelicans
Valued Member

lender pulled scores question fha loan

I have been lurking on these boards for about 2 years now.  First to help re-build my credit and now to start the pre-approval process for a home loan.  Initially my credit scores were in the low 600's went as high as 650 and now have fallen just a bit due to use of credit  cards which I can clean up asap.  What is weird is that my lender pulled my scores and my TU / EX scores are reversed from what is on here?  

My Puls:  TU - 615   /   EX - 645   /  EQ - 633

Lender Pulls:  TU 653  /  EX - 615   /  EQ - 633

Is there any reason why my TU / EX scores are so different when she pulls them?  I thought MYfico was the most accurate but maybe I am missing something?  

I was preapproved based on my mid score regardless but I just wanted to see what the reasons might be. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: lender pulled scores question fha loan

i have been told that myfico is the only place to get a fico score.....  but that lenders pull a mortgage enhanced fico.....  just like car dealers who pull an auto enhanced score.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

They're different from the scores here because the scores here aren't using the identical algorithm compared to the mortgage lender pull. Lenders almost always pull tu04, ex04 & eq 04. What you'd able to purchase on myfico is ex 08, tu 98 & eq 04. You'll notice that Equifax matches the lender pull, and this is why.

Lenders do use the scores provided from my fico, but mortgage lenders mostly want the 04 versions only.

Message 3 of 7
MsSara

Just had my scores pulled for mortgage. Exp 594 :-( eq 606 and tu 694. My Fico scores ex 604 eq 606 tu 661. I just had a old collection from 08' show back up on my report :-( my scores were all over 630 when I looked in December. I got a refer to underwriter what do you think my chances for approval are.
Message 4 of 7
edcampbell613
Contributor

Is this a big bank or a corresponding lender you are working with?

Message 5 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@MsSara wrote:
Just had my scores pulled for mortgage. Exp 594 :-( eq 606 and tu 694. My Fico scores ex 604 eq 606 tu 661. I just had a old collection from 08' show back up on my report :-( my scores were all over 630 when I looked in December. I got a refer to underwriter what do you think my chances for approval are.

Really depends on what is on your credit that is bringing your scores down & when it was from, amongst other things.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

i have been told that myfico is the only place to get a fico score.....  but that lenders pull a mortgage enhanced fico.....  just like car dealers who pull an auto enhanced score.

Actually the mortgage-enhanced industry option was introduced in the FICO '08 release; until the lenders switch off the FICO '04 scores which the GSE's mandate and I think virtually everyone uses for pretty much all mortgage loans regardless of type, mortgage-enhanced aren't used at least for the primary rate determination.

Jumbo lending could do what they want, and in theory they may well be pulling secondary scores as they do for many credit card applications to evaluate the algorithms performance, but I'm a little doubtful they'd have different scores for different mortgage loan types in most banking systems that I've seen to date but it's technically feasible.

+1 to what n0smirc suggests: the EQ score here is the gold standard for mortgage, the other two aren't really worth checking during the prep for a mortgage application.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.