Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lender pulled scores

tag
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

Re: lender pulled scores

This topic gets some a little hot an bothered I see. I didnt mean to ruffle feathers or start a debate. My question/point was mainly how could the lender pull a 590 when all my other outlets for a transunion score are no where near that. I know my outlets are not the same models/algorithms/etc - I just never expected it to be that far off from what I am seeing. Especially on pretty clean report.

My transunion is the only one clean of collections. It was the easiest report to clean up. It has 10 thirty day lates on a car loan, but the other two have those same lates and then some (unpaid and paid collections). I think it has more inquires than the other two, but it cant be THAT much more. 

I will ask the lender for a copy of the report and review the other thread on this topic. 

For what its worth, my Equifax score on MyFico and Barclays matches the tri-merge exactly. I am sure the majority would vote on my side in the matter that these are our scores and measure our repayment status, therefore we should be entitled to pull this info whenever we so choose. I am talking about scores/reports the mortgage lenders and car dealerships pull. The ones we arent privy to. How can one truely measure where they stand when this info isnt available to us without gaining a new inquiry...... la di da!

Message 11 of 15
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

oooh found something......

I am an AU on two Citi cards, both with a 10K limit. Only one of these is on my TU report. 

I think now it is safe to assume utilization is killing me as I am missing 10K in available credit on my TU report.......

mystery solved, hopefully.

Message 12 of 15
J_G
Regular Contributor

I soooo agree with that statement. It is like me looking up on Zillow and seeing a brand new house and it say's it is selling for $248,000 but that is the ADVANTAGE price. So, in order for me to see the new REAL price of this home I must make a inquiry. Oh, and on Redfin the house is listed at $241,000 and on another site $233,000. Well, lets just say I'm approved for $248,000. So, I start the process and make that inquiry and the house is actually $249,000! Oh, and because of that inquiry I am only approved for $220,000! That is exactly what is going on same circumstances different situation. It is not fair and it shouldn't be allowed! Get it (Fair). LOL It's like going into a store and seeing a candy bar and it's $1 and when you take it to the counter to pay for it the Clerk say's that will be $1.50. But, the price listed on the candy bar say's $1. The Clerk tells you well that is they Vantage price Smiley Mad It's like looking in the paper at the grocery store adds and seeing the deals for the week but when you go to the store all of the deal items are $2 more then the what they listed in the paper. I think that is fall's advertisement. It should be the same for these companies. They are giving us incorrect data and then punishing us when we try to apply for a credit card because we thought our scores were high enough. Enough is enough! We all need to push this BAD business practice out the window! You should have free access to your scores. It would be the same as a bank dinging you for checking your bank account to make sure you dont overdraft or to make sure the check you wrote is going to clear. It is not (FAIR) at all!

7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 13 of 15
BaileyMae
New Contributor

I have nothing to add really. But I'm going to talk with a lender today. All my reports are showing the same things. I had three lates in 2011 on my capital one card. My equifax from MyFico is 738. I'm very curious at what this lender is going to pull. I haven't bothered to order a triple score report because if it's not what the lender is going to pull I don't see the need I guess.
Lender Pulled Scores(2/2014)

EQ: 750 (same a myFICO) EX: 707 TU: 728
Message 14 of 15
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

dont order any reports - youre correct that the lender will get different scores than you will see (most of the time). 

@J_G - =) thanks for the giggles with your references!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.