cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lender suggests credit repair for 5points?? Am I being scamed?

tag
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Re: lender suggests credit repair for 5points?? Am I being scamed?

Wait! So my lender should not charge us for the rapid rescore???
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 11 of 16
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@brownee wrote:
Wait! So my lender should not charge us for the rapid rescore???

I have used 3 different companies to pull credit for me in my career.

Acranet

Credco

Kroll Factual Data

All 3 have told me that we CANNOT pass along the costs of rapid rescore to the borrower as it is an unearned fee.(can be done by the borrower themselves?)

Violates either RESPA or the Fair Credit Reporting Act..... I can't remember.

Retired Lender
Message 12 of 16
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I agree..pay off the Kohls and Cap One cards and call to get it updated. That should give you more than the 5 points you need. The credit repair is nothing but crap.  That is what My Fico is for...to do your own repairs! Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone.. just wanted to give an update!  After paying of the Capital One, Kohls, and the year old collection my score went up 15 points!! Thanks for all your advice!! It saved me a ton of money.. $1200 to be exact!!  We can finally fill out the loan application on Monday.. hopefully that will all go smooth!! I'll keep everyone posted!! Only three weeks until the closing!!

Message 14 of 16
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

WTG!!! So glad to hear it updated so fast for you!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone.. just wanted to give an update!  After paying of the Capital One, Kohls, and the year old collection my score went up 15 points!! Thanks for all your advice!! It saved me a ton of money.. $1200 to be exact!!  We can finally fill out the loan application on Monday.. hopefully that will all go smooth!! I'll keep everyone posted!! Only three weeks until the closing!!

Glad to hear the good news.  Once you get closed on your new home, be sure to come back here and check out the rebuilding credit forum.  They can help guide you on the BOA and Chase accounts you still owe.  Sounds like maybe they were charge off's.  Also there are some techniques you can use on collections to get them totally removed from your credit report (although they lessen when you pay them off w/o using the procedures).

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.