Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loan and reporting question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

loan and reporting question

i dont even know if this is the correct forum for this question. if not feel free to move it.

when we purchased our home, my name did not go onto the loan, except to be listed as a "non purchasing spouse". my name is on the title and i can prove with a paper trail that i pay half the mortgage. is there any way i can get it reported on my reports or am i screwed and just helping someone elses score with the good payment history?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: loan and reporting question

The only way you can get the mortgage reported to your credit is if you become an applicant to the mortgage.  You could always call up the mortgage lender and ask if you can be added, the answer is likely no, but I've heard of lenders removing people by way of a novation agreement, so it's conceiveable that a lender could add someone after the fact too.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I just got a copy of the deed of trust and both of our names are listed under their definition of "borrower(s)" as husband and wife, and my signature is on all the paperwork but yet I am not on the bank statements. It lists our current bank holding the loan on it.

The realtor who helped us (and is also a loan officer) is now trying to help me sort it all out, so hopefully I can get it all figured out. 

Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Are you listed on the "Note"?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:
Are you listed on the "Note"?

we do not know. she could not find record of the note and we never recieved copies of any of the paperwork that we signed. this just sucks because here i am busting my you know what to pay the mortgage as well and reaping none of the benefit of a good mortgage account.

i need to contact the office that we signed all our papers at (the builders office)...hopefully they are more helpfull than their warranty department. i know i will never do business with them again...

Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

One way you can get the Note is by calling up the mortgage lender and requesting a copy, they'd definitely have one otherwise they'd have a harder time proving you owed them money.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.