cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loan contingency deadline is up and I havent received loan approval commitment, what do I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

loan contingency deadline is up and I havent received loan approval commitment, what do I do?

signed the contract 3 weeks ago, with 21 days loan approval contigency, paid 1% deposit.  Tomorrow will be the deadline for financing and I haven't received a commitment from my lender, what do I do? What are my options?  I really don't want to back out but I really don't want to lose my depost

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: loan contingency deadline is up and I havent received loan approval commitment, what do I do?

fiso is concerned cause-

"signed the contract 3 weeks ago, with 21 days loan approval contigency, paid 1% deposit.  Tomorrow will be the deadline for financing and I haven't received a commitment from my lender, what do I do? What are my options?  I really don't want to back out but I really don't want to lose my depost"

You ain't heard nothin in 3 WEEKS??

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: loan contingency deadline is up and I havent received loan approval commitment, what do I do?

If you do not receive the loan commitment by your deadline, you [or your agent] need to communicate that fact to the seller [or seller's agent] and ask for an extension to your contract. Hopefully your will have an explanation for the delay from your lender when you make that request ... but three weeks is a short period of time to state for such a contingency. A 30-day mortgage-committment timeframe is more common.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.