Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low appraisal :(

tag
Sd1234
Established Member

low appraisal :(

So after a long 5 months waiting for short sale approval I finally got the written approvals from both liens. Had my home inspection this Sunday as well as my appraisal. Received the appraisal Monday and it appraised for 165000 , that's 5k less then our offer of 170k. I am hoping the sellers come down on thelist price if not I don't know whats going to happen. My realtor had me sign a new purchase agreement ans I guess we are waiting to hear back. I didn't receive any updates today. Will this drag it even longer? Has this happened to anyone? Help!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: low appraisal :(

If this is a short sale, then it is the lender that will be deciding what they will accept. I can't believe they'd want to start over for an additional $5,000. My guess is that they close the deal at the appraised price. If you have two or more lenders, however, then it gets a bit more tricky. More people have to agree.

Message 2 of 8
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

Hopefully the selling bank will just sell at the appraised price. I feel your pain cause I had 3 low appraisals on 3 different houses (but my appraisals were waaaay low. Like 30K inder purchase price low) and none of the sellers would lower their prices so I had to walk away from all 3 houses. But, I did finally find a house and I close on Monday Smiley Happy Hang in there!!! Apparently, low appraisals are fairly common right now but hopefully your seller will just come down 5K and everything will be fine.
Message 3 of 8
Sd1234
Established Member

Thanks! The bank agreed to lower the price! Everything is ready to go, locked in rate at 3.75% LO said we might close Mon or Tuesday. Soooo exciting after all the drama of picking a short sale!! My realtor even called and told me to turn on utilities!!! Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 8
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

+1

@hippychic823 wrote:
Hopefully the selling bank will just sell at the appraised price. I feel your pain cause I had 3 low appraisals on 3 different houses (but my appraisals were waaaay low. Like 30K inder purchase price low) and none of the sellers would lower their prices so I had to walk away from all 3 houses. But, I did finally find a house and I close on Monday Smiley Happy Hang in there!!! Apparently, low appraisals are fairly common right now but hopefully your seller will just come down 5K and everything will be fine.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im going throuhg this same exact thing right now!  heartbreaking.  We appraised 8,000 below accpeted offer.  For the type of loan we have Chase will need to accept a offer of 89,100 whcih has been submitted.  We submitted this offer Oct 27th and still have heard nothing  How long did it take you to hear back that they accepeted the lower ammount?  Who was the sellers bank?  

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Im going throuhg this same exact thing right now!  heartbreaking.  We appraised 8,000 below accpeted offer.  For the type of loan we have Chase will need to accept a offer of 89,100 whcih has been submitted.  We submitted this offer Oct 27th and still have heard nothing  How long did it take you to hear back that they accepeted the lower ammount?  Who was the sellers bank?  

Welcome! OP hasn't been on in over a month, though sometimes a thread bump like this might bring them around. FYI.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.