Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: make an offer

What is HOA? how can i find out? thanks
Message 11 of 17
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

HOA is homeowners association dues.  You have those when you own a condo, townhouse or live in certain planned unit developments.  You should be fine at 180-190.  I used the student loans in the calculations.  If you are only a month away from having all of your funds together then I would go ahead and make application so you can move on to the next step of the process.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 17
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

You definitely want a realtor!  Especially as a first time homebuyer!

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I agree with both. You should find a good realtor (ask family and friends for one) and then get your loan app done. Get pre-approved so you know how much you are approved for, have your realtor find houses you like in your range, and get to hunting!!

Good luck and let us know how things are going for you!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all. I will let you know.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to let you know I am pre-approved for more than the amount I wish for.

In Jan/09 I called my LO he ran my reports my score was really bad. other LOs told me to BK only this guy told me to fix. He always reply my emails if I have questions.

I like this house, listed 204 bank owe but my realtor told me there are 2 offers already if I want I will have to offer 216. I am going to see the house tomorrow.

Thanks

Message 16 of 17
SilverBerries
Contributor

If there are HOA dues, there's more than just the amount to consider. You will want to contact the HOA representative to determine if the dues are up-to-date. If dues haven't been paid, there could be a lien against the property. The title search will determine this, but you probably won't want to wait until then to find out about it. Also, you'll want a copy of the covenant. Make sure you can live with everything that's in there. It would be awful to get into a community you like and then find out that you can't plant those trees you wanted, or use those bird baths or fountains in your front yard, or that you'll have to get rid of your boat because you can't park it in your backyard. If there are HOA fees, there is a letter of corporation or covenant on file at the courthouse and more than likely contain a list of things you can and cannot do.

SilverBerries

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.