Frequent Contributor

Re: middle score

Good enough for a mortgage?

Thanks StartingOver for you help

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may be able to find a lender for FHA that will go 617, your interest rate will be higher, but it isn't impossible to do. When I started the mortgage journey I was at 618 and got approved. It will also depend on your credit report, like what items are on there? My score was low but I had just bought a car and had 8 hard pulls and an increase in my debts by $22,000 but I have never had a late payment, so that really helped me. Also, if you want to start looking don't do anything with your credit other than pay down any credit card balances, do not apply for any new credit until after your mortgage closes. Do you have any baddies on your report? If so work on cleaning those up first, will make the mortgage experience easier.

Message 4 of 8
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

My wife was approved FHA with a mid-score of 608 with lates within 1 year and a fee baddies.
Message 5 of 8
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Yes I have a BK 7 discharged on 12/2010,and 2 medical collection totaling $1500

Wish I could get them out if my reports

Hight debt /utilization what's killing my scores

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Warrior2000 wrote:
My wife was approved FHA with a mid-score of 608 with lates within 1 year and a fee baddies.

If you dont mind me asking, what lender did she use? Im kind of in the same boat.

Message 7 of 8
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Not sure which lender
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.