Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortage and student loans

tag
Goodness
Regular Contributor

mortage and student loans

Completed my student loan rehabilitation. For those who did the program how long did it take to get your mortgage. Also was told it may help it I get consolidation of the loans since it's 19 separate loans. Does it help in scores.
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
VanRickets
Established Member

Re: mortage and student loans

I have two student loans.  The biggest one was consolidated when rates were at 3.25%.  My graduate loan is at a higher rate.  I pay them both to the same agency, on the same date.  It doesn't always pay to consolidate.  You need to check the interest rate for each loan.

FICO 715 FAKO 739
Chase Freedom 14,500
Chase Slate 6,700
US Bank 14,500
Discover 15,000
Message 2 of 4
kjel
Established Contributor

I rehabbed my Direct Loans and was picked up by Nelnet in May 2013. It took another 6 months to get the Direct Loan TLs cleared up. I have two loans with Sallie Mae that did not get consolidated and those have a 6 month string of lates but have been current 24+ months now. I had some other things going on that needed to be cleared up so I didn't try to app until recently. I was approved and issued a loan commitment last week Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number of installment loans doesn't really matter as much as the amount in general. One for $50K or 19 for $50K. Although if all 19 are reporting to your reports that will significantly help your AAoA in the long run. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.