cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage and credit increase

tag
arw

mortgage and credit increase

I have been preapproved for a mortgage. My credit card co has just offered to increase my credit limit but will this cause an inquiry on my report? I'm concerned because previously they just increased the limit and I was not asked to accept or decline? I certainly don't want to take the risk of anything changing with my credit profile during the mortgage process unless it is only a positive change!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Re: mortgage and credit increase

Call them and ask if it will be a hard or soft pull...I recently got an increase and the company confirmed they only do soft pulls for increases. Good luck!

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
arw

Will do, thank you!

Message 3 of 4
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

If the credit card company is the one initiating the increase, it should be a soft pull, but you definitely want to contact them to make sure.  If you are requesting the increase, there is a good chance that it will be a hard pull, which you don't want to do until after you close.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.