Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage and tradeline requirements

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

mortgage and tradeline requirements

I have seen that FHA and some mortgage programs requires you to have 3 tradelines with 12 months of positive history.  i'm just wondering, do these accounts have to currently be open or have been closed within a certain amount of time? i'm wondering if let's say, i have a credit card, and had a car loan and a personal loan, but the car loan and personal loan were paid off 3 years ago, but had perfect payment histories.  would these count towards the 3 tradelines or do they want something more recent, and if it is closed, it would've had to have been closed within the last few months? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
treschic
Frequent Contributor

Re: mortgage and tradeline requirements

bump
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: mortgage and tradeline requirements

angiepharm wrote:
I have seen that FHA and some mortgage programs requires you to have 3 tradelines with 12 months of positive history.  i'm just wondering, do these accounts have to currently be open or have been closed within a certain amount of time? i'm wondering if let's say, i have a credit card, and had a car loan and a personal loan, but the car loan and personal loan were paid off 3 years ago, but had perfect payment histories.  would these count towards the 3 tradelines or do they want something more recent, and if it is closed, it would've had to have been closed within the last few months? 

I've been finding more and more often that lenders want those trade lines to have been opened in the past 12 months.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.