Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage app process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

mortgage app process

I have an AMEX business card. I am the person responsible for the card. I accepted an offer from AMEX based on (I guess) my relationship with them.Does it figure in the mortgage app process. I ask because the account does not reflect on my personal credit report even though the account is in my name and I am the only AU. If it reflects on a D&B, do mortgage lenders consider this type of credit card in your personal finances?  Of course, it doesn't reflect in my FICO report but I have an excellent history-no lates and I've had the card over 1 year. I'd like for it to be a factor in consideration of my creditworthiness. Suggestions, experiences?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: mortgage app process

You will have to list it on your application but they will mainly go off of what is on the credit report

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: mortgage app process

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an AMEX business card. I am the person responsible for the card. I accepted an offer from AMEX based on (I guess) my relationship with them.Does it figure in the mortgage app process. I ask because the account does not reflect on my personal credit report even though the account is in my name and I am the only AU. If it reflects on a D&B, do mortgage lenders consider this type of credit card in your personal finances?  Of course, it doesn't reflect in my FICO report but I have an excellent history-no lates and I've had the card over 1 year. I'd like for it to be a factor in consideration of my creditworthiness. Suggestions, experiences?

If you don't have a credit score or if you are lacking tradelines then it should be considered, otherwise it's a non-factor.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.