Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage application and credit card

tag
seratonin
Valued Member

mortgage application and credit card

Hi.  I have a credit card I use a lot and pay off before the end of the month.  I get points for purchases so I run most of my purchases through it.  I pay it online so the large payments to the credit card company show up on my bank statements.  I may soon apply for a mortgage.   I read that mortgage companies look at your last three bank statements.  Will this be a problem or considered negative?  Will I have to explain it or should I just stop doing this?  The balance is zero or low at the end of the month.  Thanks for any information or advice. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: mortgage application and credit card

Be prepared to document and explain this

You may simplify by not doing it for a couple of months prior to the mortgage but if not this shouldnt be an issue

just know it will have to be clearly explained to the underwriter

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
seratonin
Valued Member

Thanks for your response.  I think I'll go for easier and stop. 

Message 3 of 4
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

I've been wondering the same thing as I wind down the last month, and I'm debt free. I've been using cash and money orders to pay of the CC's.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.