cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage description change

tag
hiking32905

mortgage description change

Out of the blue I got an alert that my mortgage description on myfico changed from "Real estate mortgage FHA mortgage" to "Affected by natural disaster Real estate mortgage".  There have been no changes to my mortgage so I was confused by that.  I live in a hurricane prone area but haven't been impacted by one since 2004.  It's almost paid off, I owe 11 more months.  I was just wondering why the change now.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: mortgage description change

@hiking32905 wrote:

Out of the blue I got an alert that my mortgage description on myfico changed from "Real estate mortgage FHA mortgage" to "Affected by natural disaster Real estate mortgage".  There have been no changes to my mortgage so I was confused by that.  I live in a hurricane prone area but haven't been impacted by one since 2004.  It's almost paid off, I owe 11 more months.  I was just wondering why the change now.

That seems to be very weird if all of your payments have been on time. I wonder if your servicer made a claim to FHA. Call tomorrow and ask what the servicer did to make those changes to your credit report. 

I found an explanation by Experian here: http://www.experian.com/blogs/news/2013/05/24/protect-preserve/

Here is an explanation from HUD but your home would have to have been damaged  http://thepowerisnow.com/fha-mortgage-options-after-natural-disasters/ 

Message 2 of 3
hiking32905

Re: mortgage description change

Thank you for the information.  I had searched prior to posting but didn't find anything helpful and also haven't had a late payment in probably 5 years.  We did have Hurricane Matthew come through a few months ago but my area and my house weren't damaged.  I'll call tomorrow and find out why there was a change. 

Thank you again!

Mimi

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.