Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage loan is closing in 2 days..but still i UW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

mortgage loan is closing in 2 days..but still i UW

i am a nervous wreck right now..i need some advice. But first here are my timelines:

Loan application process started: 1/13/15

Appraisal completed: 1/19/15

Homeowner insurance purchase: 1/28/15

title came in: 2/19/15

closing date: 2/27/15

Even with all of my due diligence lining up ahead of time, my loan was only been conditional approved last week (Thursday 2/19), i submitted in all requested docs the same  day when i was asked..nothing too complicated, just my 2014 w2, and letter of explanation why i had multiple credit inquiries  (mortgage shopping). Then the next day my LO said my employer has not been responding to her employment verification request, long story short, i found out she sent the letter to the wrong office. I finally got that resolved yesterday because when the letter made it to the HR manager on Monday, he was out sick. my LO told me the UW still has to look at my employment  verification before making any decisions. I have 2+ years of employment and a raise recently so i'm not worried about my dti. So now we're in less than 48hrs to close and all day today i've been trying  to  get my LO to give me an answer of where we are but i got nothing. I had already notified my landlord  that we'll be moving out this weekend  and he was nice enough  to pro-rate us any additional weeks we may need. today i found out he has rented out our house for someone to move in  3/15. I'm freaking out right now because  i don't know it we'll be able to close before then...or worse case, got denied the last minute for whatever reason. I'm  only buying a standard 3bd/2ba home. Nothing  too crazy. 

Anyone been in my situation before? Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: mortgage loan is closing in 2 days..but still i UW

Mortgage lenders can move quite fast when they have to do so. You may need to push your closing to next week (IDK), check with your LO for a projected anticipated closing date and have your agent put together an extension for your contract if you aren't able to close tomorrow. Typical time to prepare closing package from loan approval is 24 to 72 hrs. But I have seen lenders move much faster if necessary.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, StartingOver. I've called both my LO and Loan processor again today and left a messages but they didn't pick up. I'm getting very frustrated with them. They started out very professional and responsive, but this entire week, I couldn't even get them to say yes, we're trying to push it through or no, we're not going to make it. NOTHING!! =(

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG..i just got an email from my LO, we're clear to close tomorrow! This is so unreal. They kept me in the dark for a whole week, but regardless, I can breathe again!!! =)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So happy for you! Congrats!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew!  Big sigh of relief!   The waiting and wondering can be such a killer!   Congrats and enjoy your new home!

Message 6 of 8
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG..i just got an email from my LO, we're clear to close tomorrow! This is so unreal. They kept me in the dark for a whole week, but regardless, I can breathe again!!! =)

Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Must be a great feeling!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.