Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage refinance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

mortgage refinance

Hi.

I have mortgage with BankUnited (Florida)

my rate ate 7.65% which is high, my score is 705. 

I did contact lender and asked them about modification or refinance, and they told me that i can not refinance loan (property located outside FL state) and if I will modificate my loan, it will negativelly impact my credit score. 

Is it any  way I can decrease my interest rate?

thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: mortgage refinance

You don't have to refinance with the same lender.  You can go to any lender you wish.

Loan modifications do not necessarily lead to a drop in credit score.  However, because of specific reporting guidelines from the Consumer Data Industry Association, borrowers who get loan modifications through the US government plan are seeing drops in credit scores. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: mortgage refinance

@Anonymous wrote:

I did contact lender and asked them about modification or refinance, and they told me that i can not refinance loan (property located outside FL state) and if I will modificate my loan, it will negativelly impact my credit score.

Are you upside down or anything?  If their only reason for denial was because of the location, try someone else for refi.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.