Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage success stories please

tag
jaf4776
Valued Member

mortgage success stories please

Loan application was officially submitted, bank appraisal completed and now we wait.. I am such an anxious mess thinking that something Is going to go wrong. We are scheduled to close at the end of December. Just want this to go smoothly. Love hearing everyone’s success stories! I was a financial deadbeat for so long that it’s hard to imagine being this close to being a homeowner.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Sup3Rmari0
Established Member

Re: mortgage success stories please

I have one....finally! 

I closed yesterday, had two other homes under contract and both appraisals came in low so I had to walk away due to sellers that wouldn't negotiate.

My starting score was in the very low 500s....now I'm in the 700s. It took about 18 mos to get my score higher. I had one late payment on my student loans. By the time I thought about looking for a home...my 12 months of no missed payments was almost up...so that didn't really cause too many issued. I wrote some GW letters, but they didn't help, and ultimately it didn't matter b/c I was so close to month 12. 

The house that I now own (hehe still doesn't seem real) is waaaaaaay better than the previous two.

Message 2 of 7
gotideas
New Contributor

I closed on my home on Halloween.  The first home I tried to purchase from Pulte in March was denied on the date of closing due to high DTI.  I ended up losing $5000 I put up for earnest money because I had a conditional loan approval in April.  Nothing changed on my part but interest rates went up 1/2%.  I was given a final loan approval in late Sept with a scheduled closing for Oct 3 then closing was extended to Oct 8 and on that date the LO called and said your loan is denied.  Of course Pulte said how sad but you don't get your money back.  I cried, I prayed and then I went to Lennar homes.  The whole lennar team was wonderful and my loan closed in 3 weeks.  Moral of the story never, ever give up some so called professionals are not very professional and some don't care how they do their jobs.  If you get lucky enough to get a good one then your dream can become a reality.

Message 3 of 7
jaf4776
Valued Member

Got word that we have conditional approval today!!  a small sigh of relief.. It's a long list of conditions but they are all doable!!  baby steps..

Message 4 of 7
Sucka
Established Member

When my wife and I got our first home back in 10/10 we were a nervous wreck the entire time. It was a FC and we just didn't understand the whole process as well as we should have. In the end it took 30 days and was as smooth as could be. My advice is if you're in a good position to buy just relax! 

Message 5 of 7
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

We should go to underwriting by the middle of next week, per our contract we have to our loan commitment by the 20th and close by the 30th my Lender states all we need is the title and appraisal which is tomorrow so hopefully everything comes back good. We are buying a foreclosed property that passed inspection with one minor hiccup that fannie mae fixed immediately hopefully by the 20th we get the clear to close Smiley Happy

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 6 of 7
paepae805

Back in June of this year I I wanted to live the dream of being a home owner. At that time my fico was 560 and I was drowning. My credit was ok but my score wasn't reflecting it. I spent many hour's reading this forum to learn better management of my finances to get that house. My goal was a 620 fico to qualify for an FHA loan. I cut all credit card spending, paid down balances, and saved money too. In june I had zero in my savings account and by the end of October I had my 3.5% down payment saved. I also took the initiative to call my creditors on items hurting my scores. Long story short I got a late late payment removed from my car lease and two medical collections were removed entirely after paying off. After I paid off I called them to see at the possibility of removing them entirely after telling them I was working towsrds a house. They They agreed. That only left me with a 5 year old bankruptcy. I was able to get get preapproved in October and made an offer on a house in November. I got the conditional approval today and we are set to close next Friday. I am beyond ecstatic.

For people out there with less then perfect credit like I do there is hope if you work it and give it time. The advice here is priceless. In 4 months I jumped my credit score 75 points by listening to the advice I read on here. Now I can provide my family with a house for xmas.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.