Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my quicken loans mortgage experience/journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my quicken loans mortgage experience/journey

I worked relentlessly to repair my credit to get approved for a mortgage. I have a bankruptcy and a few other post bankruptcy baddies. I was able to build up my score with a few credit cards. It was a point where they all had high balances due to wedding expenses. I paid them all down with the expection of one where I kept a small ~$50 balance. In November my mortgage scores were 586, 587, and 603. After getting a midland account deleted and paying my credit cards down my scores went to 645, 655, and 655 (MORTGAGE SPECIFIC). I applied for a mortgage Jan 23rd 2017 found a home put in an offer, was cleared to close on 3/22/17 had my final walk through the same day and scheduled for closing on 3/27/17.

My experience with Quicken Loans was fantasic. They were all very thorough, honest, and patient. Everything was done online. They have an option where you can upload or fax in your documents. They have a TO DO list where you can check off each step of the process. Honestly they were very responsive and professional. I dont have anything bad to say about anyone I interacted with during this process. I did have some hiccups but it was on repairs that the seller has to completed which delayed some things and some other delays caused by me. I had to write a ton of letters of explanation for different thigs, i had an outstanding debt which i paid off and my husband ended up reimbursing me for that so deposited the money into my account...big mistake! that caused a red flag and had to jump through tons of hoops to get that cleared up.

There were many sleepless nights because of anxiety. I will never say this process was easy by any means. It was quite possibly the most stressful time Ive ever been through. They combed through every aspect of my life with a fine tooth comb, however it was well worth it in the end.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my quicken loans mortgage experience/journey

I am so happy to see a positve review.  Being a first time homebuyer, I did not know what to expect or what to look for.  I picked Quicken mid-February because my husband and I found the perfect house, the day before I was going to have surgery, and knowing I would be bedridden (or at least stuck at home) for a few weeks, I liked the online option. After getting the pre-approval, and conditional approval, I started researching more, and all I saw were horror stories about Quicken.  We are still using them and are in final review.  The LO has been wonderful, responding to my messages or phone calls the same day every time.  I loved being able to upload all documentation and never had to leave my house to get any of the documentation needed.  Just hoping this last stage continues to be a good experience and I close on the 31st.  So nervewracking!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

and I just got the three words I've been waiting for... Cleared to Close!  sending something for me to sign tomorrow and we can close as early as Tuesday which will be 3 days early!  No conditions to be met either!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! We're closing one day apart! I'm so happy for you!
Message 4 of 8
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

That's great, I tried them and they would only offer $25K.  Whoopsie.  Two other lenders offered mid $300s.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to hear your experience. I was in the market for a mortgage recently, and had a terrible experience with them.

Reminded me of Used Car Sales. They were pushy, and a lot more expensive than other lenders.

Also, they did not have any clue how to talk to a customer and were talking to me like they were doing me a favor.

I have Excellent Credit, and will never consider them again.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta,

I agree with you in some regards.  Quicken's closing costs, I found, are higher than the norm.  Lucky for me, the seller is absorbing most of it.  If I had great credit, like yourself, I would have probably gone with a different lender.  But at around a middle score of around 620, and a recent surgery that left me housebound for the entire process (great time to decide to buy a house, I know), it was a lifesaver.  I did not have to leave my house for anything the whole process (except for signing contract with real estate agent).  With not very good credit, I got a 30yr FHA with 3.5% down at 3.85% interest rate so I cant complain much. 

Now, I am waiting for their final closing figures still, which I should receive in the next 24 hours, so I am leery and hoping they dont dramatically change from my conditional information.  So I am not completely out of the woods yet. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Ashley!  Congrats to you as well... I wont stop holding my breath till everything is signed and the keys are in my hands!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.