Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help stressed?

tag
haapril
Contributor

need help stressed?

okay , i am have a contract on a foreclosure home in Mia that was place on dec. 22, 2008. we haven;t heard anything from them yet. Okay I brought a home 3 years ago and was told can not use as a rental income because does not have 30% equity. My curent mortage is 1484 mo car 426. I owe 11,000 on m car. I have a student loan in deferment and would be paid  in full feb. 09 owe 1400.  I make 65K  07and 69k for 08. MY DTI are close. I was wondering what would be my best sernario to help me quailfy. pay off the truck, refian and quick cliam my home in some else name. I really don't have any one to cosign with me. Let's just say I get rid of my home that I owe 188,890. And just have my truck pay ments.Do you think  will Qualify for 239,000 home loan with a income of 65-68K. Please, anyone any sugestions?? I really want this home it has at least 100,000 Equity in it a great investment I have the money for down payment 20K , I have the credit. Any suggestion??? Thanks to all
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: need help stressed?

#1, how are you determining this new home has $100k in equity?  If you are paying X price, isn't that what the home is worth?  Looking at sales prices no more than 30 days ago (since you are in Miami) would be what you would want to base your estimate on how much equity this home might have after you purchase it.  Also keep in mind that you are buying this particular home for a particular price, what happens when the same model home gets sold 1-2 months from now for less than what you paid?  You now have negative equity.  So if you are buying the home is based on the perceived amount of equity, make sure you aren't using outdated info to make that assumption on.

#2, refinancing and quit claiming your home to someone else isn't going to remove that mortgage payment from your debt to income ratio, you would still have the mortgage in your name.  Since you don't have the required amount of equity needed in order to consider rental income from your current primary residence, the only way to remove that from your debt to income ratio is to sell the home.

#3, it usually takes 1-4 weeks to hear back from a foreclosure in markets that are experiencing high foreclosure rates, and with the holidays and all I'm sure it has added some time to their response times.

#4, if you exclude your current mortgage out of your income calculation, and would only have the $426/mo car payment, then your debt to income ratio looks fine to buy the new home.

#5, what does your loan officer say about all of this?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.