Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help, trying to refinance

tag
oldschool
Valued Member

need help, trying to refinance

I filed BK about 3 1/2 years ago and am now trying to refinance my home. The title company called me and said there was a lien on my home pre-BK and it had to be cleared before I can refinance, total is about 4,000.00. I called the attorne who handled the case and he said I needed to file a lien avoidence order which would take about two months and he would charge me 1,500.00. He said it was basically a scam implemented by the title company since the BK erased all the past debt, however there is no way out of it. I basically have to come up with 5,500.00 to move forward.

Is this all correct? DO I have ANY options? Needless to say I am pretty upset about all of this right now!

Please feel free to move this if you think it should be in the BK forum. 

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Rick
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
oldschool
Valued Member

Re: need help, trying to refinance

Anyone Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

go down to your county courthouse and first pull the deed/liber/folio - and look at what is there.  Once you know that you will know how to proceed - and if you need advice on a title problem then call a title attorney -- believe me they know the ways to get it released.
Message 3 of 4
oldschool
Valued Member

Thanks Lady Scarlett for your advise I'll do that. So you think I should contact a title attorney as opposed to the attorney who did the BK?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.