Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new construction closing question

tag
luckyashes04
New Contributor

new construction closing question

My LO doesn't communicate very well, so I figured I would ask y'all a question....

For a new construction home....who do we set up a closing date and time with? Our sales lady for the homebuilder gave us an estimated closing date of May 20. It seems that it will be on track for that time. However, do I set the closing date and time with the homebuilder, LO or contact the title company to set a day and time? Like I said I've been left in the dark with a lot of stuff because my LO hasn't been very helpful.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BCullum
New Contributor

Re: new construction closing question

The title company will setup a closing date closer to the date, this of course will be an estimate, as some times things get delayed or accelerated. 

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 2 of 6
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Ok. I have not talked to the title company at all. Should I have heard from them by now?
Message 3 of 6
BCullum
New Contributor

I didn't hear from mine until 3 weeks to closing. 

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 4 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Our builder scheduled it for us

Message 5 of 6
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

Our builder called our lender, who in turn called us.  It was right about the 45-day out mark that we submitted our application and provided documentation.  We received conditional approval 2 days ago, and we are now satisfying our conditions to get final approval.  Right now we are 30 days away!!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.