Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new mortgage loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new mortgage loan

i am applying for new mortgage with scores around 600.  my wife has no income (stay at home mom) and will not help in the qualifying due to low 500 scores.  do i have to put her down as co-applicant.  can i have note in my name and deed of house in jt?  my income and dti are both fine and will have about a 10% down payment, but the mtg broker wants my wifes ssn to start app.  please advise if i have to give her ssn or even put her on app.  thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new mortgage loan

If you go FHA I would do joint.
But even if you do not go joint- she can be listed on the title.

He is asking so he can see all the options he has available-

@Anonymous wrote:
i am applying for new mortgage with scores around 600. my wife has no income (stay at home mom) and will not help in the qualifying due to low 500 scores. do i have to put her down as co-applicant. can i have note in my name and deed of house in jt? my income and dti are both fine and will have about a 10% down payment, but the mtg broker wants my wifes ssn to start app. please advise if i have to give her ssn or even put her on app. thanks.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

is there any specific reason to do joint on the fha...i thought with her lower scores  it would affect our rates and qualification process.
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

heelsfan wrote:
is there any specific reason to do joint on the fha...i thought with her lower scores  it would affect our rates and qualification process.

It could, your broker is just trying to determine if her being on the mortgage would hurt/not hurt things.. FHA is not score driven so her lower scores alone wouldn't be the reason she couldn't be on the mortgage, her credit history would determine that.  If you live in a community property state then your wife's debts must be included in the debt ratio calculation for FHA... for a conforming loan program they normally would not.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.