cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no clear to close and home owners insurance

tag
venasera03

no clear to close and home owners insurance

Our closing date is set for Sept 19th. That is 7 days away and we still haven't gotten the official clear to close. We sent the conditions back to underwriting today. To top it off. I'm confused about buying the homeowners insurance.  I asked my LO when i should purchase and he said sometime next week. I'm scared if i dont purchase now it might hold things up. I don't want to mess up my closing. Should i purchase now? Or wait till he tells me to? Is there some sort of info I need before I purchase and that's why he's having me wait?  Help! Lol

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: no clear to close and home owners insurance

@venasera03 wrote:

Our closing date is set for Sept 19th. That is 7 days away and we still haven't gotten the official clear to close. We sent the conditions back to underwriting today. To top it off. I'm confused about buying the homeowners insurance.  I asked my LO when i should purchase and he said sometime next week. I'm scared if i dont purchase now it might hold things up. I don't want to mess up my closing. Should i purchase now? Or wait till he tells me to? Is there some sort of info I need before I purchase and that's why he's having me wait?  Help! Lol

Your LO is a knucklehead.

You need to get a written quote on the homeowner's insurance to the closing agent because the actual premium will be paid at closing ... not while you are still waiting for your clear-to-close decision from the lender.

It sounds like this is the first time that you are purchasing a home. If yes, then just contact a couple of insurance companies based on the info they will request from you, compare them and then decide which you will accept. It is that simple. Your LO could have told you that ... if that LO was a professional.

Message 2 of 6
venasera03

Thanks alot for your answer!  Yes I am a first time home buyer so I'm definitely stressing about everything.

Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

had to give that kudos

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

had to give that kudos

lol ...
lol ... sometimes you just gotta call 'em as you see 'em!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it makes you feel any better, my closing was set for August 12, well because of some FHA issues, it got pushed back to the 13th, one day no biggie. I didn't get my clear to close on my loan until about 3 PM on August 12, so don't worry too much. Also I had my home owner's insurance lined up by the end of July, you don't have to pay anything when you do it, they send the info to the mortgage company and the premium is paid at closing, easy peasy.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.