Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no usda funds curently available?

tag
Alpha
New Contributor

no usda funds curently available?

I have been waiting for underwriting of my usda loan for a month now. my realtor found out that there are no usda funds currently available andf they are waiting for this years allocation. anybody know anything about this? The underwriter is Taylor Bean and they have been stalling us for a couple weeks now.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
flintlockjo
New Contributor

Re: no usda funds curently available?

Hi Alpha

Im in Ohio and spoke to my Real Estate agent on Thursday ( she deals mostly with the USDA programs) she told me here in my area the funds are available. I've applied for a Direct loan an am waiting for an answer.

Maybe it depends on where you are located as to when the funds are available?

Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion670Date: 4/16/2009
Equifax650Date: 4/16/2009
TransUnion662Date: 7/3/2009
Equifax673Date: 7/3/2009
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding was the the current administration has not yet released the funds. It was supposed to happen a few times now. They were also supposed to redo the income buckets and that has not yet happened as well.

Big banks are doing the loans and holding them in their portfolio until the money is released because they "know" it will eventually will be released. My current LO could have done one through Wells FArgo for me he said the problem was I need the income buckets to change as well and he couldn't do anything about that.

Message 3 of 8
msnabs
Valued Member

Hi Alpha,

I am in SC and I was told that there were funds available. It may depend on the state and number of applications.

Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 4 of 8
flintlockjo
New Contributor

Maybe this also depends on whether you have applied for a Direct Loan or a Guaranteed Loan.
Your Latest FICO® Scores
Message 5 of 8
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I'm in WI and as of last Thursday the funds were not available yet. We are going through Chase, and they are still going to do our loan because they know they will be fine.  Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 6 of 8
flintlockjo
New Contributor

could be kinda like a wave,, moving east to west..... lol  we got ours, yours will be next.
Your Latest FICO® Scores
Message 7 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

I heard that funds were available.

Regardless, some lenders are still funding them!!!

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.