Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non purchasing spouse question

tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: non purchasing spouse question

@tooleman694 wrote:

I am going thru this right now. I am buying a house without my Wife on the loan.

They pulled her credit and added all of her active debts against our DTI minus her income. I think it is complete BS.

If we went conventional, they wouldn't pull this BS.

+1

Message 11 of 16
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Should loan officers warn people about these things?

Maybe I've been on the forums so long that lender asking about household DTI doesn't seem surprising.

I don't know, it seems like it has to be split off. If I go to get a credit card, I can't use household income anymore, just my income. When I'm issued a credit card or get a car loan, just my debts are taken into account. We're going USDA and they haven't pulled my credit once at this lender. They did require a copy of my tax transcripts just to make sure I wasn't working, because my income is required to qualify for USDA. The income of all household members is required, but, other information is ignored, at least that's been my experience with our lender going USDA guaranteed.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 12 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Several posts in this thread were either edied or removed because they delved into one of the 5 things that are never allowed to be discussed in the forum's- politics. Probably few of us care much for politicians in general but it's when one side or the other of the political spectrum is blamed/praised that the subject has too much of a chance to overheat.

Message 13 of 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

It was a joke.

Message 14 of 16
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@tooleman694 wrote:

It was a joke.

Joke or not, it's still not permitted. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections are different from debts.  Debts are any account that appears on your credit report that you make montly payment to.  For example if you have a student loan for 120 per month, that 120.00 will be added to your husbands debt and will affect how much of a mortgage payment you can afford.  Collection accounts are bad debts thats why your credit is low and you cant be on the loan.  Also, the credit scores that you pull are different from a residential mortgage credit repot.  Your scores may be higher than what you expect allowing you to be on the loan.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.