Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nspection and appraisal cost

tag
RABQUE
Regular Contributor

nspection and appraisal cost

Is the cost of the home inspection and appraisal generally an upfront cost?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: nspection and appraisal cost

Yes, they are usually paid by the buyer upfront.
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they are usually paid by the buyer upfront.
Message 2 of 12
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

you pay them upfront however you get re-imburst for the appraisal at the closing cost. Unfortunately the home inspections is not refundable.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: inspection and appraisal cost

The appraisal is paid by the bank in closing costs.............

The inspection is paid by you............Foolishly I didn't bring my check at the time and had to mail for it.

The Appraisal is ALL internal...............NO $$ out of your pocket. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

question?  I'm confused, we too already paid $350 for an appraisal.  What do you mean we get it back at closing?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You (or the seller) have to pay for your appraisal.  Usually you pay for it at closing as it is included in the closing costs.  If the seller is covering all of your closing costs then they will be paying for it.  If you paid for it prior to closing and the buyer is covering your closing costs then I would assume you'll be getting credit for that at closing.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, got it!  I wasn't aware that it was credited at closing.   We paid upfront and the sellar is paying all closing costs.

Thanks again

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid $395 for Inspection an just paid $400 for Appraisal.  The seller is paying $5000 toward closing costs.  Does this mean the Appraisal $400 will credit to me at closing out of seller's contribution toward closing?  Does the Inspection  get credited as well if there is enough seller contribution toward close costs? 
Message 8 of 12
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

It just depends on how much your closing costs are. You should be able to look at your GFE and figure it out. If not ask your LO. As far as the inspection no you won't get credit for that at the closing.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: inspection and appraisal cost

@Anonymous wrote:

The appraisal is paid by the bank in closing costs.............

The inspection is paid by you............Foolishly I didn't bring my check at the time and had to mail for it.

The Appraisal is ALL internal...............NO $$ out of your pocket. 

I think this depends on your bank. I thought this would be paid at closing, but my bank requires that the appraisal be paid for ahead of time. My LO said that it would be credited as prepaid at closing, and if the seller paid closing costs are enough, I will get a refund.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.