cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old mortgage company still reporting wrong on the CRs!

tag
lagb
Contributor

old mortgage company still reporting wrong on the CRs!

We paid off our old mortgage company back in 2006.  It was Ameriquest mortgage and we're also involved in a class action lawsuit against them for fraudulent practices, thus the reason we sold our house back in 06.

Anyway, Ameriquest (or AMC) is reporting us as paid in full, but 120 days late!  I disputed it on the CRAs, and got nothing.  I wrote a GW letter to the company and it was returned to sender for no such address.  I got the address right from the website, but I'm pretty sure they closed shop with all the lawsuits against them. 

I already got a new house, new mortgage at a good rate, etc.   But I am working so hard at getting all the crap off my report, that this one is just sticking out like a sore thumb. 

Any advice??  I'd really rather NOT wait until 2013 when this drops off, to see my score increase, ya know?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: old mortgage company still reporting wrong on the CRs!

Probably a better question for the general credit section to find out the appropriate address for them.  They used to be located on Town & Country Center Dr in Orange, CA but not sure if they are anymore.  I thought CitiFinancial eventually bought them out.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.