Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old mortgage question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

old mortgage question

I have a old mortgage showing as well as oweing $53,669 as a charge off on my exp and tu reports but on my equifax it is showing paid off with a $0 balance.The house was re-sold I did a drive by today. Would it be wise to dispute it with the cra for a incorrect balance? Maybe even send a copy of my equifax report to the other cra's?  I just dont want to wake a sleeping dog if it wont do any good. The oc was conseco and I believe green tree purchased conseco. Here is the other part that might help,
On my equifax which list it as a $0 balance it is posted by green tree , it shows a last activity of june 2001
On my experian which list it as a $53,669 balance it is posted by green tree it show a last activity of sept 2003
But on my Transunion which it list as $53,669 it still shows Conseco , it also shows a last activity of sept 2003
$53,669 was all that I owed on the home when I left and it was re-sold . I just dont want to wake a sleeping dog if it wont do any good

Maybe I should be contacting green tree? send them a copy of the equifax report?

Again the house was re-sold, someone else is living in it, I did a drive by today
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: old mortgage question

is this a foreclosure or short sell?

how old?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a manufactured home that was foreclosed on or repo'ed. I signed a release form that allowed them to re-sell the home. It isnt listed anywhere as such. It is listed on experian and transunion as a $53,669 charge off and on equifax as paid in full $0 balance. $53,669 was my balance when I left them home and it has since been re-sold.
It is about 5 years old, (2003)
All this is stated above maybe it is the way I stated it , I wasnt clear enough , if so I am sorry
Tom
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

been studying my experian account a little and just noticed some dates on this account showing that I was late on :
nov 07
may 06
apr 06
Mar 06
fab 06
jan 06
dec 05
nov 05
Look closely at the dates and read my post above again please
I havnt been in this house since 2003 and the home was re-sold
Something here just dont seem right to me
any help?

Message Edited by tom1468m on 07-20-2008 10:26 PM
Message 4 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I guess an important detail would be to find out how much the creditor (Greentree/Conseco) got for the home when it was re-sold... if they only got $20k and you owe $53,669, then perhaps the charge-off amount should be changed to $33,669 instead.  Hard to say exactly since this is a cross between a mortgage question and a question on how charge-offs should be treated once the collateral securing the debt was sold.  Technically I think it'd be more like an auto loan, since it appears that you probably owned the home itself but not the land underneath it.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I took so long to respond . You are exactly right it was a manufactured home within a park, I did not owe the land. As far as , how much it sold for , I Am not sure , I assumed it sold for the balace but cant be sure. I can be positive that I was never late all them times , as I havnt had the home since 2003.

If I remember right it was titled like a car
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.