Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

omg what should I do

tag
lswcredit
Valued Member

omg what should I do

Hey all I was recently approved for a mortgage and getting a house built with completion date of Dec 2013 . I received a letter a couple of days ago about a doctor bill that went to collections it hasn't hit my reports and I am gonna pay today . What is my best options to keep off my reports or will this ruin my chance of getting mortgage
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: omg what should I do

credit forum can better answer this

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

The only thing you can do is a Pay for Delete.

DO NOT PAY THE COLLECTION UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THEY WILL NOT REPORT!!!!

Get them to sign a pay for delete agreement, or do not pay.  

Message 3 of 6
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

Arent they supposed to send you a letter so that you have 30 days to pay BEFORE they report it to the credit bureau?

EQ FICO 564 (3/12) Lender pull 673 (4/12) FICO 703 (6/13)
TU FICO 605 (6/12) to FICO 687 (3/13) Lender pull 680 (4/13)
EXP FICO lender pull (4/13) 651
Homeowner since September 2013!
Message 4 of 6
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

If it hasn't hit your report yet, you just need to ask the CA if they report to the CBs.  And, ask them to put it in writing that they will not report to the CB if you pay it.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 6
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I had another thought..... When you said that you were going to pay, I went to PFD.   

Have you sent them a request for validation? (DV on here)?

Google debt verification letter to collection agencies, and send them a note.  They are not allowed to list on your credit file if you have asked for verification of the debt.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.