Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overtime wages for mortgage calculations

tag
gotitup
Established Member

overtime wages for mortgage calculations

Just curious if anyone knows if reported overtime pay is elligible income used in the DTI calculations when seeking a pre-qual, or pre-approval. It varies slightly from the past two years but adds a significant amount to the yearly gross. About $ 4,500. Gonna meet with a LO this week to see where I stand and begin the process. I'm hoping for the best case but can settle for any positive outcome. Thanks for your time and insight.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: overtime wages for mortgage calculations

If you can show it is consistent and you have a two year track record yes it can - we do it all the time

It will be averaged over the last two years Unless this year was lower - in that case they will use the most recent years numbers for the mortgage

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 3
gotitup
Established Member

Re: overtime wages for mortgage calculations

Great! That's a plus I can leverage when negotiating price range and with my fico's hovering in the mid 700's I hope to get a very low rate or at least second tier! Thank You!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.