Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment arrangement

tag
samy2576
New Contributor

payment arrangement

I have an unusual situation and need some information. I make about 30,000 a year but also recieve 500 a month in support from my husband. We are not divorced, long story. I want to be able to use this as income when I buy a house. How can I go about doing that? Is there a way to make our agreement legal/official? He is willing to do whatever I need him to. I have been recieving it for over a year and it will continue for at least 5 years.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: payment arrangement

@samy2576 wrote:

I have an unusual situation and need some information. I make about 30,000 a year but also recieve 500 a month in support from my husband. We are not divorced, long story. I want to be able to use this as income when I buy a house. How can I go about doing that? Is there a way to make our agreement legal/official? He is willing to do whatever I need him to. I have been recieving it for over a year and it will continue for at least 5 years.

I have a similar "long story".  I tried all kinds of ways until Sunday and was not able to use either the child support (we have a formal separation agreement) or income from a promissory note on the buyout of my half of the marital home as income.  It totally stinks b/c it would have breezed me right through the process, but instead, I'm right on the cutting edge of DTIs.  I ran all kinds of scenarios and the answer always came back as "get divorced", which just isn't an option right now.  From what I can tell, it has to be court-ordered, signed by a judge kind of a deal AND you have to be able to prove it through copies of checks from a non-joint account for the past 12 months.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.