Valued Member
samy2576

payment arrangement

I have an unusual situation and need some information. I make about 30,000 a year but also recieve 500 a month in support from my husband. We are not divorced, long story. I want to be able to use this as income when I buy a house. How can I go about doing that? Is there a way to make our agreement legal/official? He is willing to do whatever I need him to. I have been recieving it for over a year and it will continue for at least 5 years.

Established Contributor
thankfulheart

Re: payment arrangement

samy2576 wrote:

I have an unusual situation and need some information. I make about 30,000 a year but also recieve 500 a month in support from my husband. We are not divorced, long story. I want to be able to use this as income when I buy a house. How can I go about doing that? Is there a way to make our agreement legal/official? He is willing to do whatever I need him to. I have been recieving it for over a year and it will continue for at least 5 years.

I have a similar "long story".  I tried all kinds of ways until Sunday and was not able to use either the child support (we have a formal separation agreement) or income from a promissory note on the buyout of my half of the marital home as income.  It totally stinks b/c it would have breezed me right through the process, but instead, I'm right on the cutting edge of DTIs.  I ran all kinds of scenarios and the answer always came back as "get divorced", which just isn't an option right now.  From what I can tell, it has to be court-ordered, signed by a judge kind of a deal AND you have to be able to prove it through copies of checks from a non-joint account for the past 12 months.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+