Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfd letters/ mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pfd letters/ mortgage

I need all the advice I can get right now. I only have nine months to refinance my mortgage before my balloon comes due of $20,000 in January 2011. I have been working so hard on my scores this past  year. TU is 696 EQ 695 and not sure about Experian but this one does have the most old collections on it. 

I've been sending pfd letters and got no responses at all. Today I called a few of the collection agencies and one of them , CREDIT COLLECTIONS, set they don't settle and don't delete and was very rude. The other one which is for $530 and scheduled to fall off my report this Sept sent me a "fishy" letter saying they would agree to notify the original creditor to have this item removed from my report upon payment in full. The letter also states that they would accept 50% of balance owed as payment in full. The guy refused to sign my pfd letter I sent them and was so nasty and told me he doesn't care if I pay it or not but he's not signing my letter. My letter was basically the same terms but it was more detailed ( i got it off these forums) . I'm just worried if I pay this company they won't actually have the accounts deleted. 

Can anyone give me advice because I'm getting no where with these creditors on my own.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.