cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help me before I do something stupid!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: please help me before I do something stupid!

Tradeline started april 2013 another august 2014 and I just add the discover 3 days at 12.99% and i was doing a balance transfer of 1500 to bring my utilization down.My car loan was closed paid no lates January 2009 but it only reports on experian other than that I have nothing on my credit clean file..I have no student loans..I'm sorry Dpeezy I don't know how to reply to you under the question you asked me about my trade lines being over  12months

Message 11 of 46
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Tradeline started april 2013 another august 2014 and I just add the discover 3 days at 12.99% and i was doing a balance transfer of 1500 to bring my utilization down.My car loan was closed paid no lates January 2009 but it only reports on experian other than that I have nothing on my credit clean file..I have no student loans..I'm sorry Dpeezy I don't know how to reply to you under the question you asked me about my trade lines being over  12months

From your post: you currently have one tradeline over 12 months - the one that you started April 2013.  The other one started in August of 2014 is about 10 months old and the third cc you have is 3 days old.  How long did you have the auto tradeline before you paid it off? Maybe deepzy can answer if that TL would work (the paid auto loan).

Message 12 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought the car june 2009 paid off Feb 2013 no lates or missed payments...so I can't apply for a first time home loan??I received my discover it fico score from experian its 729 ..How long do I have to wait before I apply for a motgage?

Message 13 of 46
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought the car june 2009 paid off Feb 2013 no lates or missed payments...so I can't apply for a first time home loan??I received my discover it fico score from experian its 729 ..How long do I have to wait before I apply for a motgage?

Let one of the LO's pop in and answer this ^^^^.  I think you are very close to being able to apply because your auto loan was a good long TL. Do you have any other older paid and closed accounts that you have paid satisfactorily on your CR?

Message 14 of 46
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...invest in the 3B reports here on myFico so you/we know your actual mortgage scores ...you said you intended to apply in Dec so you will have 2 current tradelines plus your 2013 auto loan tradeline all over 12 mts age and should be readily able to qualify ...if there is still a TL problem, your LO can use any number of alternative TLs to get you qualified ...it happens everyday ...like SO10 said, don't do anything to increase your debt and pay your bills on time ...should be a nice xmas present for you and yours ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 15 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I started cleaning up my credit I didn't know about leaving paid or closed account on my report so I had them deleted but my rental history is long 8years from 2005 until 2013 and my current address is 2 years.My landlord is selling this condo in january  2016 when my lease is up..Rent history in good standing with previous landlord andcurrent landlord.I think my only downfall will be one income and never married

Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I truely hope so lemmus...I will post mortgage scores tomorrow..I don't think you Pros realize how much you help those of us that are in need of advice..You people are so kind  and full of wisdom and you don't ask for anything in return .It is truely a blessing to be able to reach out and receive advice from you guys..Thank you so much and may God or to some a Higher Power blesses you all

Message 17 of 46
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...not a pro by any means ...retired electrical engineer ...like you I found the help I needed here ...in my case to recover my credit (major IRS problem) ...just paying it forward

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 18 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From your post: you currently have one tradeline over 12 months - the one that you started April 2013.  The other one started in August of 2014 is about 10 months old and the third cc you have is 3 days old.  How long did you have the auto tradeline before you paid it off? Maybe deepzy can answer if that TL would work (the paid auto loan).

Since the three TL requirement is an overlay and not a Fannie guideline, it will really vary by lender. For us, the overlay verbiage is "three reporting tradelines" so unfortunately a closed TL (even with perfect payment history) would not count.

Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I started cleaning up my credit I didn't know about leaving paid or closed account on my report so I had them deleted but my rental history is long 8years from 2005 until 2013 and my current address is 2 years.My landlord is selling this condo in january  2016 when my lease is up..Rent history in good standing with previous landlord andcurrent landlord.I think my only downfall will be one income and never married

Please don't worry about that. I am unmarried with one income and it didn't matter even a little bit. I closed in April and no one batted an eye that I was single with one income. In fact, I was single with one income when I got my last mortgage way back in 1995 now that I think about it. No one cares, seriously.Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.