Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre-approval different FICO scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pre-approval different FICO scores

I have been in the process of applying for a mortgage. I recently applied with PHH home loan and the LO stated that my middle score was 626. I am not sure what score he was using. I need a 640 in order to qualify for the loan mortgage I hoped to apply for. I just ordered myfico 3b report. it shows my mortgage score as , equafax-665, tu-651 and ex-612 would thaose be more accurate? is it possible that the other mortgage company does not use the mortgage scoring?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pre-approval different FICO scores

Ask the LO for a copy of your report. It will tell you which versions were pulled, but I would expect them to be the mortgage versions. How much time has passed since the last time he pulled and you pulled? Is it possible you made some major pay off or down on revolving credit or installment loan that just happened to post in between? Although 25 pts is a big jump. Take a look at the date of last reporting on each acct. That is the date your tradelines typically update each month. Anything update in between when he pulled and you pulled your report?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

the major changes i have made have not reported I was going to email him and ask him. I was holding off on applying with the other folks because it is a specific loan tht i was hoping for. it sounds like I can go ahead and have wellsfargo pull my info if the credit score is accurate thanks again for your response 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks BM i realizd the change showed up on my transunion account and I did not realize it until today because a payment was reported to tranunion yesterday and to the other accounts today. I am :-) 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.