Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre approved with who

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pre approved with who

When applying to be pre approved for a home loan who is it best to sign up with a bank or a broker
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: pre approved with who

Thats a hard question to answer

of course being a broker I am biased but will try to help as best I can

I would say it really comes down to the experience of the person you are working with

There are both good and bad brokers and bankers

A broker must take courses and pass a test before getting licensed a banker does not have this requirement but that is not to say that all bankers dont know what they are doing as it is not to say that all brokers do

Where the difference comes in is with the variety of options and the ability to shop your loan If the bank has what you want at a price you are happy with then you are fine if they dont you are out of options. In my experience a lower loan amount 75k or less is very competitive  and often a bank will do you better. On a higher dollar loan amount the brokers ability to shop for the best rate will be to your advantage.

As far as preapproval you just need to know that you qualify and if you are really concerned find one of each to give you an estimate and see which makes more sense for you

Good Luck

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.