Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre-approved!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pre-approved!!

They said I could get the approval if I met their conditions. Namely, paying off the collection. The good news is, in the process of trying to find a new lender, I found one that is ready to go now that I have that one issue cleared up. The bad news is that I lost an $8000 forgivable loan that I was using for both down payment and closing costs. I'm looking into other home entry programs now. I have not been so good about saving as I should have been. But, I have months and months left on my lease, so I have time to take this slowly - as opposed to the few months it took last time. I'm enjoying looking at houses again. Though, I keep being drawn to houses that are 3 times my budget. LOL

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pre-approved!!

@Anonymous wrote:

credit underwriting huh? never heard of that. There is just so much to learn. the bad account I have is a capital one collection, which the bank says is slated to fall off in August( I owe 1,600). Perhaps , I should call her and ask what to do again, She said it was no big deal today. I just worry because like I said before, and like you have experienced, it would suck to have something fall through last minute.

If in underwriting, they say no because 1,2, and 3....do you get a chance to rectify the situation, or is just flat out no?

I, too, am hoping to buy a home by summer's end. I have collections that are paid and some that are not. I have quite a few that will fall off in a couple of months (June 2010). I am not going to touch the other one's unless I can get PFD.

If I were you, I would NOT pay off this collection unless instructed to do so by the LO. I have reading these forums for a while now, and all of the experts say: Don't do it!!!!

The reason: paying this off will show RECENT activity on this account and re-age the collection. Fico will see it as an update and your score will drop. You definitely don't want that. Some lenders do require that you pay collections off, but you are required to pay it off at closing, not before closing.

I agree with an earlier post that you should not wait until a week prior to closing to go to UW. Insist that your LO sent your file to UW as soon as possible. This way, if there are any surprises, you can handle them without the risk of losing out on getting your home.

Just my 2 cents!! :-)

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.