Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prequalification on house

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

prequalification on house

does asking for multiple prequalification loan approval for a mortagage affect my score

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: prequalification on house

@Anonymous wrote:

does asking for multiple prequalification loan approval for a mortagage affect my score

Welcome to the forums.

This might get a better response on the Mortgage Loans board. I'll contact a mod and see if it needs to be moved.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn't need multiple prequalifications unless you don't find a house in the time alotted.  Then they will re run your credit and other things to make sure your salary hasn't decreased and or your monthly bills on things like credit cards and loans have increased.  You and your lender knows how much you qualify for so unless your viewing homes out of the price range.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

wouldn't I want to get prequalified by more then one so I can shop the best closing and interest, when I make the deal?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes as long as you do them in a time frame of 15-30 days I believe fico will only count them as 1 inquiry because they expect people to shop around for the best rate 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.