Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems w/appraiser

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: problems w/appraiser

I am by no means an expert on this subject but will share the details of what I am going through to possible shed some light.

In the verbiage of my appraisal it says the home I am in a deal for is a 4 bedroom, on the sketch in the appraisal it shows that it is a 3 bedroom with a den, the U/W has requested this be changed and re-submitted so, from this I would say that the U/W can modify the appraisal and  re-submit.

When my appraisal was done there was some leaking in the basement noted… I had already identified this issue prior to the appraisal during my home inspection and added to my purchase agreement that these needed to be repaired prior to close. When we submitted the appraisal to the U/W one of the conditions was that the appraiser come out to validate the repairs were done.. SO what I am doing is before the appraiser comes back out, my inspector is stopping by to validate the repairs and he is going to write a report on the repairs and I will provide that to the appraiser so she can report to the U/W that all is well.

Not sure if any of this helps but just thought I would share in case it does.

I feel for you and what you are going through, I have not had to jump through as many hoops as you and I am already going nutz... My heart goes out to you!!
Message Edited by JP75 on 02-25-2009 10:54 AM
Message 21 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

See in your case, the inspector is coming back to validate the repairs. That is how it should be. It is not the appraisers responsiblity. Good luck to you JP75!

And, the change from 3 bedroom with den to 4 bedroom is something that would be up to the appraiser, because that's how they labeled the property and then they pulled comps on the same - so this would make a difference, so that also makes sense - as this is within the scope of the appraisers duties.

What OP has been through is just absurd. I hope this nightmare is over for her and her husband soon enough!

Message 22 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really frusterated!  Waiting on pins & needles!  We are closing tomorrow at 3pm.  My husband getting ready to fly home....STILL NO CLEAR TO CLOSE FROM THE U/W!  The LO keeps re-assuring us they are really busy & it's the end of the month, not enough manpower, etc., & everything is fine!  I can't rest until I get that CLEAR TO CLOSE!  She said there are 75+ others like us closing tomorrow & waiting as well!  I may need some of that flaming poop!  Is this ridiculous or does it happen?  I thought you got clear to close a week or at least a couple days before closing, acutally I thought closing was not set until clear to close was issued?  What is going on?  Doesn't u/w just need to view the 2 cond. she wanted from the appraiser?   
Message 23 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Geez. I don't know, I have heard of others having last minute closings, but after everything they have put you through and knowing that she has everything she needs, I don't knwo why she won't just give you the go ahead already. You could call and say I need a definitive answer within 2 hours. My husband is scheduled to get on a plane and his company is flying in his replacement. He needs an answer before he gets on that plane.
Message 24 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any word yet, or are they still blaming the appraiser? (Biting my nails for you!)
Message 25 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

my nails are gone!  Yesterday at 4:18 LO said it was in que & we should have CTC by 5. That came & went.  She said she is pissed & wants to throw her laptop out the window.  She said we are approved, then what could be the hold up?  She keeps telling us it takes few minutes to get Docs to title Co.  We do not have our HUD-1, nor do we know how much to bring!  Closing is set for 3PM.  What can I do?  I have told her we are pissed & enough is enough, she is pissed too & promises to make it up to us & says we will close today.  What is the u/w doing?  I thought she just had to make sure all papers were there? 
Message 26 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I have NO idea what the hell is going on at this point. I am really sorry you are going through this. Did you speak to a supervisor yesterday? I think you should call your LO back and ask her to transfer you to someone that give get the show on the road. This is really ridiculous.
Message 27 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

The title co. told the LO that if they do not have the docs by 11:30 (which is 1hr away) we can't close today.  This is bulls!t.  The LO emailed me & said we still have time.  Heads are getting ready to ROLL! 
Message 28 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry but your loan officer needs to be stepping up. She keeps conveying to you all the drama and then saying eveyrthing will be fine, but what is she doing for you?  This is bullsh8t!
Message 29 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping your lack of response means you are scrambling around like a crazy woman, running to the bank to get check and headed off to closing. Fingers crossed that when you come back to post it will be to say you CLOSED!!
Message 30 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.