Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

processing vs. underwriting

tag
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

processing vs. underwriting

Just got an update from LO that my file is in processing for all the verifications required by VA then off to underwriting. What does all this means? what is the difference between processing vs. underwriting?

Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: processing vs. underwriting

Just curious .... did you ask your LO that question? It is a simple one for any LO to answer.

Processing is involves collecting all documents and packaging the file for the lender's underwriter's review. Underwriting involves verification that the file meets all of the lender's guidelines and rules. In the case of a USDA loan, the file is first underwritten by the lender and then it is reviewed again by a USDA underwriter when it arrives at the USDA.

Message 2 of 13
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

Dreamer,

I got a fantastic document from Veterans United today explaining the process. I went under contract last week. If you would like I can send it to you. I'm sure it is probably about the same for your lender.
Message 3 of 13
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Laura1369, I would love that! Thank you.

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 4 of 13
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

Dreamer... Sent it to you in a PM
Message 5 of 13
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Laura1369- exactly what I needed!!!!!!!!! But now, I am nervous about something I read:

"please do your best to avoid transferring money from one account to another."

My husband just did this to an account we only use to pay bills. When payroll makes their monthly deposit, he makes the monthly bills into our bill account. Should I be worried?

Message 6 of 13
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

If this is something you do every single month they will see that in the statements you send them. I don't think that would be too much of a problem. Maybe it might need an LOE?
Message 7 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Im pretty sure that as long as you provide the statements you are good.

I move money into savings as a staging area for bills and pull it out as needed. So it looks like im moving money out of savings a couple times a month.

But it is ok since it is your money.

Message 8 of 13
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

I feel better about I guess. It does happen evert month and I have provided statements for it. We will see what underwriting has to say.

Message 9 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Worst case you will have to write a letter.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.