cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about which scores does lenders look at?

tag
haapril
Contributor

question about which scores does lenders look at?

Hi, everyone . I am not sure which scores does lenders look at. I have another credit monioring with score-plus. I also had a trial with BOA credit monitoring. But all the scores are different and i not sure which one will the lenders would look at. I am about to place a offer on a home and the my highest scores are here with fico. I thinking that everything alright with my scores, but now i am worried. Does any know extactly which scores are looked at? Thank you all for your time for reading and advice.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: question about which scores does lenders look at?

Lenders take all three CRA scores (FICOs) and tosses out the highest and lowest -- using your middle score.

WHAT that score will be, who knows?? Only because they seem to use a mortgage enhanced FICO score. So, it SEEMS that you could have, say, a 750 FICO midscore, but if you had a foreclosure 5 years ago, your mortgage enhanced FICO will lower that a bit, giving you perhaps, a 700.

Grab your FICOs here at MyFico and see where you stand. Then, since you seem to have oodles of questions (or at least, you more than likely WILL), come back here and give some info on your situation ($XX,XXX income, XX% DtI, $XX,XXX Down Payment, etc) and one of the awesome mortgage Gurus will chime in and tell you what you might need to do to close the loan and buy a home!! Smiley Happy

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: question about which scores does lenders look at?

our scores will be closest to the myfico scores.

they dont always differ from ,yfico, but should be close.

our scores could be way off from some 'other' places.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.