cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quicken loans pulled a way lower score? Help!

tag
Tierra399

quicken loans pulled a way lower score? Help!

I finally thought I was able to get a mortgage. I have been monitoring my credit for the past year. Transunion shows 703 and equifax 655. I called quickenloans to pull my credit and my score was 602, how is that possible? Any idea what kind of system they are using to pull credit? I'm not sure what the next step would be, I have nothing left on my credit but medical bills and T-Mobile for 600$. Any advice and help is much appreciated! Is there any other companies I can try?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: quicken loans pulled a way lower score? Help!

@Tierra399 wrote:

I finally thought I was able to get a mortgage. I have been monitoring my credit for the past year. Transunion shows 703 and equifax 655. I called quickenloans to pull my credit and my score was 602, how is that possible? Any idea what kind of system they are using to pull credit? I'm not sure what the next step would be, I have nothing left on my credit but medical bills and T-Mobile for 600$. Any advice and help is much appreciated! Is there any other companies I can try?

Where did you pull your scores, from myFICO ?   Is the 602 your EX, EQ or TU score?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 11
Tierra399

I have a transunion account where I pay monthly to view my scores. I also have a Walmart account.

Message 3 of 11
Tierra399

Also she didn't tell me which credit union was showing the 602.

Message 4 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Tierra399 wrote:

I have a transunion account where I pay monthly to view my scores. I also have a Walmart account.

The TU score is a FAKO score, as they do not sell FICO scores at the TU website.

Also, I believe that the Wally score might be a bankcard enhanced version, rather than the classic FICO score.

Message 5 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Tierra399 wrote:

Also she didn't tell me which credit union was showing the 602.

Since this is for a mortage, you should receive a copy of the FICO scores they pulled.   I'd call and ask if they can tell you over the phone.

Message 6 of 11
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

What did your walmart score say it was? Im pretty sure they use Fico 08. I also get that score & mine is always way lower than the trans I get from this site. As other poster said, the one you get from trans web site is not  fico score.

Message 7 of 11
Tierra399

Walmart shows 655.

Message 8 of 11
Tierra399

Good to know. I'm going to cancel my tranunion account to save some money since it is not even a real score.

Message 9 of 11
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

I think I read that Lenders are starting to use the fico 08. The posters on the credit card form, say the walmart score is transunion 08

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.