cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Account information disputed by consumer" comments keeping me from getting Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Account information disputed by consumer" comments keeping me from getting Mortgage

I disputed the "disputes" and they took nothing off!  They just sent it to the companies and 3 of them disappeared from 2 of the 3 reports but it was because they didn't reply in time probably.  They just verified the debt AGAIN and took none of the statements they (CRA) put on, off my report.  I'm ticked!

What can I do to get those stupid statements off my report????

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Account information disputed by consumer" comments keeping me from getting Mortgage

I called Experian yesterday and advised them that my "disputed" accounts were no longer disputed and asked that they remove the notation. It was completed in about 2 hours and I rec'd an email advising me of the update. I am also getting FHA loan and was asked to provide a letter of explanation for my 3 accounts. Experian was the only one that had these accounts noted as being in dispute.

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll definitely try that...Do you have the phone number to the CRA? 
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dialed 866/853-0303. They did ask me for a report number.....which I got from pulling back door off of CCT.
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were absolutely correct...within an hour I had the email with all of the dispute comments off my Experian report.  UNFORTUNATELY...it's another story with the other 2.  They absolutely swore to me that the owner of the debt is refusing to take off the comments and they don't really have to.  I had them file another dispute but I don't know if it will help!  The funny thing is that with TransUnion, I started with 6 of these comments and 4 didn't answer so they were completely taken off my report which left 2 that refuse to take the comment off.  Verizon Wireless....(Midland)...yuck!
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just found out the hard way that they "account diputed by consumer" comment does hurt an approval. Moreso an FHA I think .

I Fannie and Freddie started it and I think many FHA lenders have joined in as well.  Better off to do your disputes well before applying for a mortgage and make sure all traces are removed by the time you apply.

Message 26 of 36
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just found out the hard way that they "account diputed by consumer" comment does hurt an approval. Moreso an FHA I think .

I Fannie and Freddie started it and I think many FHA lenders have joined in as well.  Better off to do your disputes well before applying for a mortgage and make sure all traces are removed by the time you apply.

And...better off to NOT dispute anything that is accurate. People have disputed "just to see" if something will get deleted, and...instead...they end up with the dispute comment and no mortgage.
Message 27 of 36
Achieve2012
New Contributor

What about if there are only 2 accounts that have the statement but both accounts are paid and closed.
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had success with EXP from the number given above, and success from EQU by calling 866-229-7861 (but on my cred report it said that this number changes monthly). I pulled the free report we are entitled to once per year to get a confirmation number for EQU but used CCT to obtain a report number for EXP.  Both EXP and EQU took my e-mail address and said they could remove the dispute statements right away, and watch for the email to confirm this.  No such luck with TU. They said they have to contact the creditor but they will only dispute the remarks section and not the account itself and it can take up to 30 days. I can't wait to see how this will turn out. Why has TU always been so behind, catch and start doing removing these comments ASAP like the other 2 CRA's.
Message 29 of 36
demo18c
Contributor

I had success with all three by disputing"OTHER.and in remarks...I NO LONGER DISPUTE THIS ACCOUNT" The messages were deleted within 1-3 days...

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.