Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Clear to Close" Determination

tag
Phitor
Contributor

"Clear to Close" Determination

We are now one week from the closing date. After some back and forths with my lender and my title company/attorney, my attorney now states that the next step in the process is my lender's determination that I am "clear to close".

What exactly does this entail, and how long should I expect this to take? Thanks...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Clear to Close" Determination

Until it is funded and you have signed the docs..... I guess you are done  with the underwriting?  Why is it a good idea to get an attorney - do they work with the LO?

05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 2 of 4
Phitor
Contributor

@techgirl wrote:

Until it is funded and you have signed the docs..... I guess you are done  with the underwriting?  Why is it a good idea to get an attorney - do they work with the LO?

I had assumed I was done with underwriting weeks ago. I thought "clear to close" had meant that they verified employment and possibly repulled credit, but I didn't know what else might be involved. We are a week away, so I was hoping to get the final green light today. If it winds up spilling into next week, that's cutting it kind of close, but I didn't know if that timeline was normal.

Some processes require an attorney (title search, property tax statement, etc.). I happen to have a separate title attorney and closing attorney, because my lender would allow me to choose my own of the former, but forced me to use their closing attorney. A lot of red tape in this process...

Message 3 of 4
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

I am still be  looked at through a microscope. Closing was supposed to take place  6/12. I sent an big explanation letter this morning and now I am sitting and waiting.... I did walk though yesterday. I live in AZ so I wonder if things are different here... I just thought I would have known by now. My LO had my file since January.... and now I am haivng to jump through lots of hoops.... I didn't have an attorney, the homebuilder identified the Title Company as well as the LO....

05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.