Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Foreclosure Started" vs Foreclosure on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Foreclosure Started" vs Foreclosure on credit report

When we moved out of state and our house didn't sell, we fell 120 days past due on the 1st and 90 on the second, and paid the loans in full when the house sold by taking out my retiremnet account. We were in contact with Citimortgage at the time and notified them that we had a closing date set and would be paying in full yet they still sent it to an attorney a few days before closing. There is no notice of default or lis pendens in the title chain of the property, but we can't seem to get the notation removed.

Can anyone tell me with certainty whether or not this is treated the same as any other foreclosure under FHA guidelines as I've been told by several lenders, and will I automatically have to wait a full 3 years to be considered for a mortgage?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Foreclosure Started" vs Foreclosure on credit report

it will count as foreclosure.  Generally speaking, even if no foreclosure is ever filed, once you hit 120 days late, future lenders look at it as a forelcosure for future financing purposes.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.