Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Nationally Known Lender" for pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Nationally Known Lender" for pre-approval

Hi all,

The letter he got says in fine print "This is not a commitment to lend." However, the OP said they needed a "pre-qualification" letter, not a preapproval.

As a reasonably knowledgeable customer, I had a very frank conversation with the LO. I actually expected an automatic denial, since I didnt know what the Experian score was, but we talked about every negative in DH's credit reports, and discussed the positives. DTI was 31%. My sense is that this guy would not bother to spend his time and send out what he did send out if he thought there wasn't a chance. As Dallas said, they are very busy.

In any case, without a specific deal in place, it was clear he wouldn't take the next step. It's got to be a numbers game for these guys - some small ratio of the people he talks to probably actually follow through.

The original poster, however, should be able to get a pre-qual letter from Countrywide easily if my darling husband could. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
DeeWill
New Contributor

Hi again,

Likewise you are right that the person who originally posted this could probably get a pre-qual letter but based on the post they need a pre-approval letter.  Also based on Dallas response there is a very big difference between the two.  I wish you the best of luck, we are at the underwriting stage, got the automated pre-approval and now are awaiting the final say from the underwriter.Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 13
ronq
Regular Contributor

I agree with Dallas, My CU wanted an actual contract on a house before I could get true approval. I would've gone with Dallas or Shane, but I am loyal to my CU and they don't sell the loan. I wonder about pre- approval's since it really can't go to underwriting until there is an actual address associated with it.  The guru's here (Previous mentioned) are unselfish and honest when it come to advice so you are getting solid and unprejudiced advice.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.