Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rate cut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rate cut

I have gotten good faith estimates and was going to meet with my mortgage person tomorrow.  I see the Fed. cut .25 off of the rates today.  Will that cut help me with me out at all?  I have not signed a loan app. or anything. 

Thanks for your help, I'm not too smart about all of this, but i'm learning!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rate cut

IMHO- They are bottomed out to never return.

@Anonymous wrote:
I have gotten good faith estimates and was going to meet with my mortgage person tomorrow. I see the Fed. cut .25 off of the rates today. Will that cut help me with me out at all? I have not signed a loan app. or anything.

Message Edited by Timothy on 10-31-2007 09:31 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a ton of indicators that mortgage rate will rise and rise- no end in sight-

@Anonymous wrote:
IMHO- They are bottomed out to never return.

@Anonymous wrote:
I have gotten good faith estimates and was going to meet with my mortgage person tomorrow. I see the Fed. cut .25 off of the rates today. Will that cut help me with me out at all? I have not signed a loan app. or anything.

Message Edited by Timothy on 10-31-2007 09:31 PM

Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Today’s Fed rate cut actually increased mortgage interest rates a little.  When the Fed cuts rates it affects short term interest rate loans, such as car loans, home equity lines of credit, and credit cards… items that will be paid off in the short term.  Two different rates were cut today, the Federal Funds Rate (the rate in which banks lend each other money at) and the Discount Rate (the rate at which banks borrow money from the Federal Reserve at).  Those links are to detailed explanations from Wikipedia.

You can monitor direction of mortgage rates at http://www.usloanhelp.com/commlink.html
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.